What we’re looking for
Economics Design is seeking for individuals who are passionate about Blockchain Gaming. This is a full-time remote position. The gaming systems designer wizard possesses infinite curiosity in this new space of web3. Possible areas of focus range from economy and retention, economy balancing, social systems and resource allocation.
Our winning candidate has experience designing game systems, is proficient in economy excel modelling, has experience in economy balancing, knows how to communicate these designs clearly across disciplines, and is a self-driven problem solver. You care deeply for the player, understand what motivates and inspires them, and know how to build systems that fulfil those needs.
You have a proven track record designing and balancing game crafting systems and content. You have knowledge of game design theory and tools pipelines. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities. You have the talent to produce and implement high-quality work. You want to create delightful and surprising experiences for our players. You are able to work independently and are comfortable taking directions. You’ll share your knowledge while working within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of the world we live in.
- Define project goals, scope, timeline and plan. Set client’s expectations. Manage the engagement from start to end.
- Lead team and client towards solutions
- Facilitate discussions with the clients to define the problem and propose solutions via economic policies
- Consolidate the findings from the analysis and present solutions to the client
- Develop and present a plan to implement the recommended changes
- Guide junior resources and review the quality of their deliverables in addition to coordinating with the senior members to set the right client expectations.
- Support business activities of the firm, specifically in (1) revenue generation and (2) consulting practice development (delivery frameworks and methodologies)
- Leads full engagement. Creates project plan. Controls deliverables.
- Able to guide and navigate clients throughout the engagement. Serves as an escalation point for the client
- Ensuring the performance of the team according to the planned timeline and quality. Motivating team.Embrace team members for design thinking and ideation.
- Performs analysis and further insights in complex economy areas
- Has a strong grasp of token economy design framework. Able to apply and mix different mechanisms from different areas.
- Understand how to connect together Token economy and Gameplay to balance the effects of gameplay on the token economy.
- Design the game economy from scratch and validate complex game economies to identify gaps and imbalances.
- Craft mechanics to create a game system that is fun and challenging to interact with Design of LiveOps events economy
- Can model in Excel a complex token economy. Review, validate and optimize models of other team members
- Can model in Machinations a complex token economy. Review, validate and optimize models of other team members
- Communicates clearly within the team and with clients. Able to solve conflict situations within the team or with clients.
- Can prepare the full storyline deck and present it. Ensures quality of team members’ decks.
- At least 3-5 years of Financial experience
- At least 2-3 years of Token Economics experience
- At least 4-7 years of Game Design experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Location: Preferably in America, Asia, and Europe
- Team player
- Keen and curious learner, recognizing that there is always more for you to learn
- Dedicated: keeping your eyes on the stars and keeping your feet well grounded at all times
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com.
- Include this role’s title in your subject line (it’ll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done.
- Given the opportunity to work together, what are your plans for the next 30 and 90 days?